Thursday, January 10, 2013

Claude Monet
Born on November 14, 1840, in Paris, France. He was the original founder and practitioner of the French Impressionist movement in painting. Monet liked to work outdoors and was sometimes accompanied by Renoir, Sisley, and Bazille. Monet struggled with depression, poverty and illness throughout his life. He died in 1926.

I think the reason Monet appealed to me so much is because when I see his art work, I am immediately reminded of home. I have a number of his paintings in different rooms of my house because my mother likes them so much, but I never really knew that Monet was the artist who created them until I started my research. His paintings are all very pretty and are the kinds of paintings that inspire other things to be created.


The top two images remind me most of home, the first hangs in my bathroom, and the second used to hang in my parent's bedroom and I remember looking at it when I was younger. The third picture is just one that i found beautiful, and I love that the bridge is a real place and can be visited today. Definitely on my bucket list.

No comments:

Post a Comment